Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Wisteria Tree

This wisteria vine, growing up through a 75 foot Cedar tree, puts on a beautiful show every year in spring. I've grown wisteria on my property but I found that the fragrance, so heavenly to me in small doses, gave me a migraine when combined with the fragrance of lilacs...





and apple blossoms.
It hurt my heart to cut it down, but I consoled myself with the thought that I could always go to see the "Wisteria Tree," conveniently located next to an old fashioned ice cream parlor.
Today a friend and I visited the ice cream parlor and were pleased to see the Wisteria Tree looking great. We ate our hot fudge coffee ice cream sundaes outside on the little patio under the tree, listening to the bees singing in the wisteria and the breeze rustling the pines, thinking that, sometimes life is pretty darn good.
Then an acquaintance of ours walked by and said, "Wow, you two are going to have to WALK home to work off those sundaes! At our ages we really have to watch the calories, you know."
Oh, good grief!

2 comments:

  1. Fie upon that acquaintance! Some things are just better left unsaid.

    Beautiful pictures! I'm feeling a need for more lilacs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep...fie upon her, lol.

    More lilacs, yes indeed! I don't think it's possible to have too many lilacs. I just wish they bloomed longer. The two to three weeks they stay in bloom goes by sooo fast.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails