Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Pansy Tea


                                (Left click to enlarge photo)
"Pansy Tea" is the title of this painting I did a couple of years ago. I used acrylic on 140 lb. watercolor paper, spraying the paper first with a light coat of Matte Krylon to give me more control over bleeding. I still have the cup; I'm drinking tea from it right now (Earl Grey).  And...in the painting, the shelf is straight.  I suppose I tilted the camera when I was taking a photo of it.  Serves me right for not using a tripod!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely! Pansies have such pretty faces -- I have a few lavender ones just opened in the past few days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Vicki! Pansies are one of my favorite flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me again. I'm passing on a Blogging Sisterhood Award to you and four others in my post tomorrow and would like to use your pansy picture by your link, if I may?

    Let me know

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course you can, I'm honored!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails