Saturday, June 18, 2016

Five S's

Two very young gray squirrels eating peanuts on the feeders attached to the huge old Ponderosa pine.  They're such a delight.  We have five (5!) squirrels visiting our feeders now.  Thankfully, the squirrels seem to be making a comeback from the terrible plague of 2008 that nearly wiped them out.

Mrs. Primrose (on the left), Mrs. Rose's daughter, brought two of her babies to our porch to eat.  This is their first visit; all three were pretty nervous even though Mrs. Rose was just a few feet away from them.  I only took one photo and left, not wanting to scare the babies.  Also, given what they were "facing" me with, I thought discretion might be the better part of valor!  Hopefully I can get better photos when they visit again, although I'm not sure when that might be since DH is out there sanding the porch preparatory to painting it.  

Linking with Saturday's Critters

8 comments:

  1. Hello, I did not know there was a plague that attack the gray squirrels. They seem plentiful here. Wonderful post and photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always enjoy watching the antics of the squirrels in our yard. We have one who always keeps her babies in a hole in a tree in our backyard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! You've just made my day, Victoria!

    First with those adorable squirrels. Those are the sweetest wee creatures!
    We don't have them over here, so it is a treat to see them at your blog!
    Glad to know their numbers are returning. A plague, poor things.

    And, joy!!!!! Mrs. Rose's daughter, Primrose, and grand-babies!!!
    Hopefully, one day soon, they'll feel totally comfortable to come up for many photo shoots.
    But, I'll take any angle you can post right now, even though those are some lethal bottoms right there :D
    Those black and white tails and fluffy butts are so cute!!

    Thank you!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, you're most welcome...I wish you were here to see them in person!

      Delete
  4. oooooh goodness, everyone's been "busy" in your yard. beautiful captures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Victoria wonderful shot of your adorable squirrels. The other photo made me smile. Whew I don't think I would want to disturb these three. Have a great day. Thanks too for visiting me. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails