Sunday, February 26, 2017

Sunday Sunlight

This photo is from June of 2007.  There isn't any sunshine around today; last night it snowed, and today the mountains that I live in are wrapped in fog and rain.  After all the rain we've gratefully received I'm looking forward to being able to plant a few pots with some pretty blooms this spring.  I might even replace one or two rose bushes that expired from drought.

This map shows what areas are still being affected by drought.  The white areas are where the drought is over, the yellow areas indicate "abnormally dry," the beige areas indicate "moderate drought," and the two orange areas indicate "severe drought."  The area where I live is still considered abnormally dry...maybe I better rethink replacing those water-hogging rosebushes and just stick with cheerful pots of annuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails