Monday, December 4, 2017

What Ruby Bear Told Me

I baked some cookies this morning (white chocolate chunks and macadamia nuts).  Little Ruby must have followed the scent of them to my cottage.  I heard a soft knock on the door and opened it to find her there, her cape billowing in the blustery winds we're having today.  Well, I couldn't turn her away, it was only 31 degrees outside, and the wind made it feel like it was down in the teens.
So, I invited her to come in and sit by the fire and got out my newest Christmas china plate, 
along with the mug that goes with it.  I filled it up with ginger tea for her and sweetened it with honey...a lot of honey.
As she was eating the cookies, she told me that today is National Cookie Day.  She said she likes to keep track of things like that.  After she finished, she thanked me and said she must get on her way as she was catching the scent of almond spice cookies coming from the north.  I told her I hoped she would visit often and bring her relatives...hmmm, maybe I shouldn't have added that part about the relatives! 


Linking with:
Through My Lens
Our World Tuesday

5 comments:

  1. a cozy tea on a blustery day . . .. ideal way to warm up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Victoria - if I dress up like little Ruby - will you invite me in for some of those delicious cookies and tea? I promise to stay and visit a bit :)! Lovely post friend and so Christmas - hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! You have no one to blame but yourself if you are inundated with visitors.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails