Monday, January 6, 2020

Winter Woes and Blessings

This has been a hard winter so far...and there’s still three months to go!  Thanksgiving was pretty much canceled up here by a huge storm that dumped nearly four feet of snow and knocked out the power for five days.  This was the first time the power had ever been out for this long. I didn’t move anything out of the refrigerator, because I was thinking the power would be back on any minute, so lost everything.  This storm also killed my trusty, dependable 2003 Ford Eddie Bauer Expedition by knocking a tree down on her.  Killed her DEAD.  Thankfully, no one was in the car when the tree came down and it missed my little cottage.

Things were just getting back to normal by Christmas when another huge storm swept in on Christmas Day dumping two feet of snow.  The kitties and I had our Christmas dinner however, because I roasted our turkey on Christmas Eve.  Ha!  Take that, crummy weather!  And this time I lost nothing from my refrigerator because I had a large ice chest ready in case the power went out, which it did for three days.  Happily my Christmas present to myself made it through this storm unscathed.
Her name is Ruby Subee, and I love her.  She’s a 2020 Subaru Ascent Limited and she has so many gadgets she practically drives herself!  I was a little apprehensive because she only has all wheel drive, not four wheel drive, but she did very well in the Christmas storm.  

I’m hoping the rest of the winter isn’t as bad as November and December, but we still need all the precipitation we can get, so I’m not hoping too hard.  I’m just hoping it comes as rain instead of snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails