Sunday, October 11, 2009

Best of Both Worlds

This was what the light looked like this afternoon when I was leaving my friend's house. She has a wonderful view of one of the lakes up here. Every time I visit, I lament the fact that my home is down in a valley and it gets dark two hours earlier at my home than at hers. If I want to see the sun set or rise over the lake near me, I have to hike up to the ridge line or down to the lake. And her home is nearly new, it's not a money pit like mine.

Every time she comes up to visit me, she laments the fact that I have a creek, a "fairy-tale cottage" (her words, not mine) that was built in the 1920's and my own studio which is separate from the cottage.

Now, I don't think either one of us would trade but we always ooh and aah over the other's home and bemoan what we don't have, then say: "But aren't we lucky we're friends? This way, we have the best of both worlds!"

2 comments:

  1. What a perfect post for me to read just now! Last week I visited three different friends, all of whom have enviable homes -- whether gardens, or incredible studios, or just general ambiance. There are elements of each I'd love to have -- but trade?

    No.

    So it's nice to visit! (I bet I'd find plenty to envy if I visited your place too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if you're ever out this way, you know you're more than welcome! :) (And I know I'd find plenty to envy at your place, too!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails