Monday, January 3, 2011

Coming Back Into the Light

This past Christmas was a rather dark one for our family. My sister had a stroke on December 22, and one of my nieces, who lives in Georgia, was in a car crash on December 23. Thank goodness both are going to be all right.

I took the picture above on the morning of December 28 as I was driving home. I had learned the night before that my sister could come home as early as January 10th, as long as she has a full-time nurse for several months, so I am trying to arrange that.

I got a phone call around 2 a.m. on the 28 that my niece would be released from the hospital on the 29th, and she is now at home and doing very well.

As I started up the mountain early on the 28 dawn was just barely beginning. The higher up the mountain I drove, the more beautiful the sunrise became. I felt it was an affirmation that my family was coming back from the darkness, coming back into the light.

5 comments:

  1. That's good. It's odd how such difficulties seem so much worse at Christmas. It's happpened to me a couple of times. Hope everything works out well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi,

    really very sad news to hear all about. i wish for their early recovery and good health. have trust and faith in god.

    regards

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful photo and surely a good omen for recovery. Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's wonderful that you're relatives are going to be okay. Wishing you many blessings in this New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. JJ, Seema, Vicki, and OC, thank you for your good wishes. They are really appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails