Monday, January 15, 2018

Memories of Winter

These snowy photos are from January 2005. 
The first one and this one were taken from North Road looking over Lake Gregory. 
This one was taken from my front porch; you can see a bit of my beloved 1978 K-5 Blazer.  I recently sold her, and it just about broke my heart.  I bought her new in 1978; we had many wonderful adventures together.  I couldn't drive her in recent years due to back problems, and I could tell she was tired of sitting around.  She wanted to be back out on the roads (and off the roads) having adventures!  She has a really good home now with J. Dawe; he loves her just as much as I do. 

This is leading back to my studio.  The Crestline area received a little over four feet of snow from this storm.  I think the days of storms like that are over forever for these mountains.  Warming temperatures, decreasing rainfall, both unwanted gifts of Climate Change, are making it seem so.  I hope I'm wrong.
Mr. White Rabbit is hoping that we never see snow like that again.  He says he doesn't like being buried under the snow, thank you very much! 


Linking with Through My Lens

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails