Saturday, May 5, 2018

This n' That

A male Black Headed Grosbeak at my feeder; I've seen a female, too, so hopefully they'll have babies. 
I caught Lucy trying to sneak a sip of my tea.  She likes it because I put milk in it, so I have to be alert!  This attempt didn't work for her, happily for me. 
I just stopped and stared for a minute at this dogwood tree in Lake Arrowhead village before I thought to take a photo.  I've never seen a dogwood tree so loaded with blossoms, let alone a pink one with so many flowers! 
Lake Gregory was looking pretty on a day last week. 

I let these roses dry in the vase.  I thought they looked sort of vintage, so I photographed them by my mother's 88 year old recipe box.  It's full of recipes in her handwriting and my sister's handwriting.  Both are in heaven now, so it's one of my most treasured things. 


To see more beautiful creatures click here.
To see some pretty pink things click here.

7 comments:

  1. That's a cool photo of your mom's recipe box and the drying roses. I like it when roses dry intact.I don't think I've ever seen a dogwood tree in person. The one you met is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring IS here, isn't it! Lovely photos. And thanks so much for coming by to see me at Marmelade Gypsy! Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful photos. I love the dogwood tree, it's gorgeous. Your mom's recipe box is priceless. It must make you happy when you see her and your sister's handwriting.
    Have a wonderful new week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Victoria - I always enjoy my visit to your beautiful corner of the world. You captured lovely moments of beauty. That dogwood is just stunning. Lucy made me smile - she is certainly adorable. Have a great week friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've scrolled up and down this post a couple of times, trying to pick my favorite shot. Can't. Won't. Our kittie Josie is also a sneaky cat ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. so many beautiful, happy things!! the trees are lovely this time of year and that is surely one beautiful bird!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, the roses are pretty. I love the blooming tree. Gorgeous bird, lovely post. I am sorry to be so late commenting. I just got home from our road trip and I am now trying to catch up on my commenting. Thanks so much for linking up your post. Have a happy day and weekend ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails