Saturday, May 7, 2022

Late Spring


 This has been a fairly dry spring and winter, too.  But Lake Gregory is looking beautiful anyway! 

My roses aren’t blooming yet, their buds are still forming.  Roses from the grocery store are sufficing for now.  

Down in Cleghorn Canyon, about 1,900 feet lower than where I live, the Bush Mallows are producing their delicate blooms.  

Here, the pink and white dogwoods are blooming…. 
    
Along with the lilacs.  There are lilacs all over the mountain valley where I live.  I’ve lived here since 1971,  and I often wonder who first planted all these lilacs.  In spring, if the day is warm enough, their scent perfumes the entire little valley, and to be outside on such a day is heavenly.  
And everywhere up here the wild Lunaria, or money plant, is blooming.  Spring is so beautiful, I wish it would last forever!  It’s over far too quickly though, and then we are left to endure the heat of summer and early fall.



3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post Victoria. It looks like spring has truly come to your beautiful part of the world. I think the spring flowers are so much more lovely to our eyes after a long hard winter. I know I am enjoying mine. Hope you have a good day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful wild flowers! Magical!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I can almost smell the Lilac's... One of my favorites. I had planted four in the backyard years ago and they did not make it. Well, one is still here, but if I am luck I may get one bloom a year. Pretty sad. It is just too hot here. I know they need that cold snap.
    The photo of the Dogwoods. Just beautiful!
    blessings,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails