Saturday, August 6, 2022

Late Summer


 There have been so many beautiful clouds around for the past two and a half weeks, but we’ve only had a few tiny drops of rain.  Big Bear and Forest Falls received so much rain some roads were washed out! 

I’m glad that some areas of the mountains I love so much got some much needed rain.  I’m hoping that the western end of the mountains where I live will get a good downpour soon.  

My hydrangeas did well this summer, although they have mostly lost all their color now and are just green.  

This has been the hottest summer I can remember, and I’ve lived in these mountains for most of my life.  It’s lovely to be out on the lake though.  

Charlie likes to climb trees to stay cool.  

The petunias appreciate a sprinkle from the garden hose once a day.  I didn’t buy many annuals this year to cut back on my water usage.  I’ve even stopped throwing out the water from the animals’ bowls when I give them fresh twice a day, instead pouring the old water into a watering can and using it on the plants.  It seems California is in a never-ending drought.  

But, the ducks are happy.  Lucky them, getting to paddle around in cool water all day!

1 comment:

  1. Victoria,
    Such beautiful surroundings you have. Love all the photos.
    blessings,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails