Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Little Gems


This is one of my favorite lakes up here, Lake Gregory in Crestline.  It isn't the largest, but I think it's one of the prettiest.  Most of the lakes up here have very little accessible shoreline, due to the stacks of docks and mega docks that cram their shores.  Lake Gregory only has one small dock, I think they use it to rent canoes or rowboats during the summer tourist season.  Motorboats are prohibited.  It doesn't have any houses close to the shoreline and it has a lovely walking path.  One can walk around the whole lake in under an hour if walking briskly.  If you stop to take photos or look at interesting trees, rocks, birds, leaves...well, you get the idea.  It can take all day!  And it's a lovely way to spend a day in the Spring, Fall or Winter.  I avoid walking around it in the summer, usually, as it's just too hot and crowded. 

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Vicki, you're probably right! And I'm glad you liked the picture...all the stars and spangles were a happy accident.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds a bit like the English Lake District up there. It's the sort of place where you need to know where to go in the summer. The biggest lake - Windermere - is a reall honeypot, full of marinas, motor boats and water skiers. The rest are graded by the National Park people, so the quietest ones have no boats at all, just walkers. They're also the more difficult to get to, and they're better left that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. JJ, I hope your quiet lakes always stay that way. I wish motorboats had never been allowed on any of our lakes up here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sometimes wish that motors had never been invented. They're noisy in a rather nasty sort of way. They have their uses, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. JJ, I was thinking about what it would be like if the combustible engine had never been invented. I think, perhaps, the world would be a much nicer place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhh goddddddddd what a beautiful capture i cant imagine, just superb.... m lost somewhere in these shining image..

    regards

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails