Friday, July 30, 2010

Faeries Friday - Rosina

I have a large collection of Faeries so I thought I'd post a picture of one each Friday.

This beautiful one is happily sitting on her swing in my back garden, where most of them are living now. I first saw one like Rosina in a friend's garden, but when I went to the place where she said she had bought hers they were out. I looked everywhere up here, but no luck.


Several weeks later, I flew up to Alaska to spend a couple of weeks with my friend of 55 years at her home on the Kenai Peninsula. Sitting in her front garden was a faerie just like the one I had been searching for. She had bought her at this little shop in Homer the day before I arrived, so as soon as we could we rushed over to Homer (she lives in Anchor Point) and they had one left!

A few days before I left Alaska I thought I'd better pack up the things I had bought and take them to the P.O. to ship home. Rosina was nowhere to be found. My friend and I searched her house from top to bottom - still no Rosina. Her husband said he hadn't seen her either. ML said if they found her they would ship her to me.

I'm sure you can guess who was waiting for me in my garden when I got home. ML, her husband, and my husband swear they had nothing to do with Rosina disappearing and reappearing. They say she must have known where I lived and just flew home on her own with her swing tucked under one arm.

Oh, come on! How gullible they must have thought I was!



Anybody knows that swing would be too heavy for her to carry. She probably had it shipped, and then flew to my home.

3 comments:

  1. She's beautiful, and I don't say such things lightly. I would prefer to remain gullible, too.

    Your post about bumblebees reminds me that I must put up something of my own, 'cos I saw something odd this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JJ, I would say that she's my favorite but I don't want the others to get mad at me.

    Glad you liked it, Vicki!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails