Thursday, September 15, 2011

Observing

These are little wild Asters. They grow all over up here, and they are another sure sign that Summer is gracefully yielding the stage to her sister Autumn.

In all the years that I've been photographing Asters I never noticed the little pods that they make until I cropped this photo. I've always thought that I was a pretty observant person, but I've had a couple of things like this happen lately that makes me think I wasn't as observant as I thought.

Or ... maybe I'm becoming more observant as I grow older. It's another thing I can add to my list to remind myself that being a Crone, being in 'my' Autumn, is not so bad. As I age I feel more connected than I ever have to the Great Mystery. I treasure that...and I wouldn't trade my Autumn for another Summer even if I could.

3 comments:

  1. Funny you should say this about getting older as I've been thinking the same thing myself lately. Your wild Aster is very pretty. Ours are out now as well but look a bit different than yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true about becoming more observant with age. I find also that I need to name things -- to identify them. And re observant -- the digital camera and the computer are a big help here. I see things on my computer screen that I didn't see when I took the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there,

    Thanks to Anna’s great Practical Magic blog party website I know that you are taking part in the event. I have pondered how to participate and thought it would be neat to post anonymously people’s thoughts and/or secrets regarding the movie. Sites which inspired me are:

    Post Secret
    Walt Disney Confessions

    Those thoughts or secrets could e.g. be “I have already watched the movie 1,000 times,” “I wish I had a sister like Gilly,” “The aunts’ house is my dream house,” “I have dreamt about Jimmy” etc. Anything which comes to your mind when you think of “Practical Magic.”

    If you feel like helping me out, be sure to send me your thought/secret as soon as possible at swappinghowdies@yahoo.de. Of course, I handle each “confession” anonymously. And – please nothing x-rated!

    Greetings from Germany,
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails