Monday, December 12, 2016

Ornaments

I've been using a lot of shatter-proof ornaments in recent years, along with a few that have a great deal sentimental meaning.
This little crystal angel is also a bell.  She was given to me by my mother for my first tree in my first apartment.
These little mittens were made for me by a dear friend.  We've been friends since I was three years old.  She moved to Alaska in 1971, but we've managed to remain close always, friends for 64 years!
The heart ornament was painted for me my by my sister several years ago.  I miss her so much.
The little wooden "candles" were made by my husband in 1996.  He used dowels for the candles and red pipe cleaners for the "flames," then dripped thick, white gesso down the sides for the "wax."  It just isn't Christmas until these candles are on the tree!

Linking with: Through My Lens

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails