Saturday, May 15, 2010

Pleasure and Drudgery

This past week has been a mix of pleasures and drudgery. Spring is so glorious up here, despite a hard freeze about a week or so ago that nipped the lilacs and dogwoods. It didn't harm my apple trees, thank goodness. But I noticed a disturbing thing while walking among them; no bees. Not a one. I'm hoping that they went back into hibernation and will be back out soon. I haven't found any little bee bodies, so I'm taking that as a good sign.

I've been out taking lots more photogaphs. The past winter was generous with snow and rain and the wildflowers are, for up here, very prolific this year. Not a lot of flowers yet at my altitude, but lower down the mountain they're all over. A few more days like today, warm and sunny, and they should pop out up here, too. Such a pleasure to be out in beautiful spring weather!

I've also forced myself to spend time (every second seemed like an hour) backing up files on my computer, weeding out unwanted photographs to free up space on my hard drive, and prepping canvases. Ugh...I detest doing stuff like that! Pure drudgery. But, at least it's done with for a while and that is such a good feeling!

3 comments:

  1. Know the feeling. Drudgery, that is. OUr late frost nipped a lot of my stuff, too, but the bees seem unaffected. I have a plant that frows in my garden like a weed - spreads everywhere. It has tiny flowers, some pink, some blue - and the bees love it. It flowers early and provides them with whatever they need when there's little else about, so I like to keep as much of it as possible all around the garden. It's loaded with bees at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy, along with my real garden I need to do that computer weeding.

    Looking forward to your wildflower pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JJ, glad your bees are there and thriving.

    Vicki, I just uploaded my wildflower pics...I took 259!!! Now I'm going to have to do more computer weeding.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails