Monday, April 16, 2012

Just One?

Even though it looked like this up here just two days ago, the snow is melting really fast.

In a sunny, protected spot, these violets are already free of the snow and doing just fine. These are special violets, so I'm much more grateful that they made it through the snow storm. Why are they special? Not because they're a unique hybrid or anything like that. They're just regular garden violets, but I transplanted them from my mother's garden...and she's not in this world any more. She passed in January of 1994. Every year, fewer of the violets bloom and the size of the patch shrinks, even though I never pick any so each blossom can make a seed head. I suppose someday soon there won't be any blooms at all and, while that won't be a huge tragedy, the joy in my world will be a little less for their passing.


Maybe I should pick just one blossom and press it?

4 comments:

  1. I can imagine you really want to keep these violets !!
    Have you tried to take some roots of them and potting them on ??
    In my garden they grow like weed and they travel through their roots, so maybe this could be a way to save them ??
    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, please do press one violet as a keepsake. That with the photo will continue on.
    Take very good care.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I would definitely press a bunch of them. I wonder what it means???? I always look for an otherworldly meaning and sometimes I overdo that. I miss my mom so much just like you. She passed in 1997 ... but it sometimes seems like yesterday ... I do hope she is with me ... some have said she is on my right side poking me to let me know she's there. Wish I could see.

    Love and Light to all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monique, I'll take a tiny plant and try that. Hopefully, that will work.

    Queenie, I did pick just one this morning and put it in my flower press.

    ArtSings, I think your mom is with you; I don't think the people and animals who loved us ever really leave us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails