Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Summer's End


Well, the summer tourist season is over, anyway.  Summer weather will probably hang on for another month.  Have I ever mentioned how much I dislike summer?  I used to like it, when it only lasted three months like it's supposed to do and our high temperature averaged around 75 F.  Now summer lasts four months, or longer, and our high today was 82 F in the shade!  We got a few plip-plops, drip-drops of rain over the past few days, but it wasn't enough to even measure on the rain gauge.  But, the deserts to the north and south of us got so much rain they flooded.  The frustration!!  Oh well, at least it hasn't gotten up to 100 F like it did last summer.  That is waaaay too hot for this old mountain woman! 

4 comments:

  1. You're not alone, Victoria. I hate summer too - high summer that is.
    I don't mind early summer with mild to warm temps, but the searing heat is beyond bearable - for this old forest woman anyway ;)

    So, you know that I'm not looking forward to what's coming.

    How frustrating that you didn't get any good rain and just miles away... floods!
    The vagaries of weather - it's the same here too.

    Beautiful image. I imagine you'll enjoy the quiet, and your lovely lake, now the tourists are on their way back home :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dislike Summer just as much. The intense heat makes me sick and my allergies are in high gear. I love Fall and Winter. I can't wait for the chancing of the leaves.

    Many blessings to you and yours and may the Autumn season be just a few days away... Viv

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. How is the dear Mrs Rose? Have you seen her lately?
    I think of her often and like to look at her little face in the picture on your side bar :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicki, Mrs. Rose is quite a bit thinner than when I posted about her almost a month ago. I think she should be bringing her babies to visit in a week or so. She's doing fine, eating lots of peanuts and Science Diet dry cat food. I can't wait to see her babies!

    I have to admit, I am glad the tourists have gone home...well, until ski season begins!

    Viv, the summer heat makes me sick, too. If it's over 80 degrees I have a hard time functioning. My allergies tend to be a little worse in the Autumn, though, I guess because we don't get the rain like we used to...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails