Friday, August 30, 2013

Faeries Friday - Sparkling

This little fae person zoomed away from the flower she was sparkling up while I was out in the garden.  I think I caught her mid-sparkle as I was misting the fuchsia plant, and I think she wasn't very happy with me.  I apologized profusely, so I'm hoping she forgave me, but you never know with faeries...

We're still not lucky enough for any of those water drops to be from rain, although there are lots of gorgeous clouds around and the air smells like rain, so at least that's something.  The temperatures have been nice and cool, too, and the weather people are saying we have a 30 percent chance of rain tonight.  When I told my husband this, he instantly pointed out that means there is a 70 percent chance it won't I squirted him with the water hose and said, "You never know!  There might be a rain goddess up there who will take your comment as a challenge!"  He squished away muttering something I couldn't quite hear, which is probably for the best...


  1. Such a beautiful flower !!!
    I'm sure the fae will forgive you.
    I hope you will get your much needed rain.
    Have a magical day.

  2. Had a good laugh imagining you squirting your hubby with the hose! Sounds like something I'd do too if my hubby said that to me, lol.

    Oh, I do hope you get some quenching rain ~ it's been a long summer, and your mountain needs a lovely deep drink :)

    And, that is a truly enchanting picture.
    I think fuchsias are fae folks' favoutite flowers - they look as magical as a faery's pretty gown.

  3. Beautiful snap! I am sure the fae after it saw the beautiful picture forgave you.

  4. Wish I could send you a few thousand buckets of the stuff, we've had it in abundance and I love it. Too wet for fairies though, I'm sure the tiny dears would drown!

  5. Victoria - fairies must love those fuchsia blossoms - I swore I saw one close by mine just the other day. Will keep looking up for rain - it will come I am sure. Take care and have a great week.

  6. Eilis, I hope they do!

    Vicki, I always thought fuchsias look like faery dresses, too.

    Kyra, thanks, glad you liked the photo.

    Jeri, we would gratefully accept those buckets of rain!

    Debbie, I'm sure they do; I'll bet your faeries are happier with you, though, because you didn't get them wet.

    Thanks everyone for your rain wishes, keep them coming, please?

  7. Wonderful fuchsias -- I love them but have trouble keeping them alive.

  8. Vicki, I pour 8 oz. of water on mine once a day and mist them 3 times a day. I could never grow them until a guy at the nursery told me to do works!

  9. How magical and gorgeous...beautiful image..full of fairy enchantment! Gorgeous bloom..always a joy to visit your fabulous realm my friend!!
    Wishing you a sparkling day!


Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails