Sunday, August 4, 2013

Sunday Sunsets

 
                       
Lake Gregory, California at sunset 

"There's a sunrise and a sunset every single day, and they're absolutely free.  Don't miss so many of them."  Jo Walton 

Good advice, but I admit to having trouble with seeing the sunrises.  I'm down at the bottom of a little valley and I just don't feel like hiking up the side of a mountain to get clear of the trees so I can see the sunrise at its best.  I prefer to view the first sunbeams of the day as they spill their gold across the scrubbed pine of my kitchen table while I'm sitting there drinking my first cup of tea, listening to the cats grumping at me to hurry up and finish so I can feed them...

2 comments:

  1. I never fail to gasp when I check your blog Victoria - WHAT a photo!!

    And, I so love the visual description of the warm early sun beaming across your wooden table... please post a picture if/when you can.
    I'm sorry to ask, but I love images of light across rustic tables.
    And I'm so craving a bit of sun, as it has been cold, wet, and wintery for so long :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Vicki! I'll try to get a photo of the kitchen table...the problems will be a sleepy me and fleeting sunbeams. And, you can send lots of that cold, wet, wintery stuff over here anytime!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails