Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Surprise!


"Are you kidding me!?"  I think that's what this Acorn Woodpecker is thinking.  It was raining lightly last night when I went to bed.  When I got up this morning I had the same thought as the woodpecker.  Now? Snow and hail now?  Just when things are blooming, or starting to bloom?  Are you kidding me?

Thankfully, there was no wind so all the blossoms are still on the cherry and apple trees, but they look pretty limp.  It's supposed to get down to 17 F tonight though, so I'll just have to wait until tomorrow to see how they fare. 

I should have expected some sort of weather, since yesterday was what my dad used to call a "weather breeder."  Brilliant blue sky, crystal air, and windy.  I wasn't paying attention...

It was good to get more rain though!

5 comments:

  1. O my -- hope the fruit bloom came through. Our fruit trees are still tight buds though with the warm weather we're having that could change quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do so hope the blossoms aren't badly affected, Victoria.
    Snow, after such a brilliant blue sky day.
    The weather is so very odd, I'll agree.
    Amid our now chilled autumn days, summer snuck back and smacked us with a near 100°F two days ago. And, today the temp plummeted again.
    I hope that's the last hurrah for your winter, and may spring be allowed to shower all with her glory on your mountain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shot of the woodpecker! Snow this late just gets tricky for the buds and tiresome for us. I hope the blossoms survive and fruit can still develop. Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Victoria I do think that was what the woodpecker was thinking. Dear I sure hope your fruit makes it. This crazy weather but at least some moisture is coming your way. Guess we have to take it as it comes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They did, Miss Vicki. Most of them, anyway...

    Vicki, the weather is just so up and down nowadays, isn't it. I sure hope someone comes up with a solution to Climate Change soon...and I hope all countries will listen and implement the solution.

    Thanks, Wendy, so far it looks like the blossoms are doing all right.

    You're so right, Debbie, we have to take it as it comes. I'm hoping we get some more rain, but right now it's not looking like we will.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails