Thursday, July 14, 2011

Quirks

Love thou the rose, yet leave it on its stem ~ E.G. Bulwer-Lytton

To pick or not to pick? I choose not to pick flowers, except in very rare cases, while my sister feels that flowers aren't living up to their full potential unless they're stuck in a vase. And while I gratefully accept the bouquets that she usually has for me when I visit her, I always feel vaguely guilty.

Just a quirk, I guess.

Speaking of quirks, I wish Blogger would get its quirks and kinks worked out! My photos appear very blurry on this page, but when I left click to enlarge them they appear crisp and in focus (well, most of them...some are just blurry because of me!) And I can comment on some blogs, while on others Blogger requires me to sign in, accepts my sign-in, then still won't let me comment. Very strange...

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe it...I have the same quirk. I choose not to pick flowers as well. Only if one happens to be broken off will I put it in a glass or some other container to try and give it a little extra life. I think people wonder why, if I have all these flowers in my garden, I haven't got the house full of them in vases. That's a beautiful picture you've taken there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OC, it's nice to know I'm not alone in my 'flower quirkiness.' glad you liked the picture, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails