Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Dumb Animals?


This photo of Anthony was taken a few days ago when the temperature was about 79 degrees. We'd been enjoying a few weeks of blessedly cool weather previously with highs in the low 50's. Then, overnight, the thermometer jumped. I'd been keeping small fires in the fireplaces going during the previous weeks for the cats to bask in front of and warm their tummies, but, obviously, on this day no fires were needed. Obvious to everyone but Anthony. I said, "Anthony, if you're cold on a day as warm as this one, maybe I need to take your temperature and see if you're running a fever." He opened his eyes, looking alarmed, and shot under the couch almost before I could blink!
I think animals understand us FAR better than they want us to realize...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails