Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Billions of Blessings

It is finally snowing and raining here in Southern California! Yesterday we received nearly 7 inches of rain at the rate of 1 inch per hour. Today, more rain for the lowlands and snow up here. Each raindrop and snowflake is a blessing gratefully received by the parched earth, dehydrated trees, plants and some of the people; I'm amazed at the number of people shown on the news who live in the lowland areas who are complaining about the rain! I'm not talking about the people who live in the burn areas and are in grave danger of having their homes washed away by mudslides. My heart goes out to them and my prayers, too. I'm talking about people who are just a bit inconvenienced by rain but complain bitterly about it. Unbelievably self-centered...

More than billions of raindrops and snowflakes fell, and will fall, I'm sure. The weather people say we may have 4 to 6 feet of snow on the ground by Friday evening up here, and over twenty inches of rain in the lowlands. I'm hoping, for the sake of the people in the burn areas, that it won't be that much in such a short period of time, but that we will keep getting rain and snow storms that are more spread out. That way the earth will have time to, hopefully, absorb the water.

Rain, snow, water, precipitation...what beautiful words! :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, joy! I saw your title and was hoping that you were finally getting rain or snow -- blessings indeed.

    I'm so glad!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails