Monday, February 8, 2010

Miss Birdie?


I hope this little birdie enjoys the sunshine while she can.  It was beautiful here today, but tomorrow we're supposed to get another 10 to 15 inches of snow.  The snow has melted off the trees, but we still have several feet on the ground.  All of our lakes up here are  full to overflowing, which is so wonderful!  Last Autumn they were down by 5 to 6 feet, and looking rather sad.  

Hopefully, I'll be inspired soon to write about something besides the weather.  If my mind were a sailboat, I'd say it's becalmed, wrapped in thick layers of fog, not a ripple to indicate any activity.  This usually happens to me around this time of year, I don't know why.  My grandmothers and mother would say I need a tonic, but right now I can't even remember what that tonic would be.  I'll have to go have a look in the books they left me...as soon as I can persuade my body, which feels as sluggish as my mind, to move.  

I wonder what Miss Birdie (one of the characters in Vicki Lane's excellent books; visit her blog, the link is on my sidebar) would recommend?  

2 comments:

  1. Ha! The title caught my eye! Miss Birdie might recommend some Dr. Enuf - a highly caffeinated lemon-lime energy boosting soft drink. (Not unlike Mountain Dew.) Or some good old sulfur and molasses. Or any early greens like branch lettuce or ramps.

    I know what you mean -- our weather is damp and chilly -- but since I'm busy writing, I couldn't go do anything anyway.

    And what is that beautiful bird - some sort of jay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'll have to look for some Dr. Enuf at the store, or at least some Mountain Dew! No chance of early greens, we still have several feet of snow on the ground.

    Yes, the bird is a Steller's Jay, our western version of the Blue Jay. I think this one might be a juvenile because usually they're a little darker blue, with a black head.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails