Saturday, March 20, 2010

10:32 A.M.

That's when Spring officially arrived in California.  Not that it looks anything like Spring up here.  The header photo and the photo above were taken around the end of last April.  But, since it is officially Spring/Ostara, I felt like making my blog look like it, even though I'm glad it doesn't look like Spring outside. 

The ground is still mostly covered with a thin layer of snow.  A lot of it has melted due to the unseasonably warm weather we've had for the past few days.  I suppose it will all be gone in another week. 

But, I'm not really ready to let go of Winter.  It used to last a good 6 or 7 months up here.  Now we're lucky to get 4 months.  Spring doesn't last as long as it used to, either.  In this time of hateful climate change, Summer is the longest season.  I suppose most people like that, especially here in California, but I am not a fan of hot, dry weather.  Hopefully, we'll get at least one more snow storm and some good rain storms in April and May.  Then it's goodbye rain until November, unless some of Arizona's monsoon rains in July and August get pushed West.

Anyway, happy Spring/Ostara!

4 comments:

  1. Here's wishing your some Spring snows! We often get light snows in April-- but they're not welcome when everything has begun to bloom. Mother Nature, however, does as she pleases.

    Beautiful pictures -- something to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Vicki, I hope Mother Nature listens to your wish for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the lessons I learned last winter was to embrace it as a resting, cleansing time, rather than resent is as the dark time. The full moon of January 2009 taught me that. Lessons come from the most unexpected sources.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, some of my most useful lessons have come in completely unexpected ways. Winter has always been one of my favorite seasons; I just wish it lasted as long as it used to.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails