Friday, January 28, 2011

Who Stole Our Winter?


Okay, roses aren't blooming up here yet...I hope. I haven't looked around further down the mountain but, honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see something blooming down in the canyons around the 1,000 foot level because the weather has been so bizarre for the past few weeks.
Our temperatures have been in the 50's and 60's (!!!) in the daytime, with lows in the 20's at night. Beautiful clear sky, no rain, no snow.
I hate this kind of weather. Most people are loving it, and they look at me like I'm a spawn of Satan or something when I say I want winter weather.
Winter is my favorite season and I want it back! So please, whoever stole Southern California's winter weather (yes, we really do have winter in So Cal), give it back, give it back right now!

4 comments:

  1. Our winter has been very strange as well. Warmer than normal and little snow so far. I'm loving it. I'm afraid that I'm not a winter person. The picture of the roses makes me long for spring. That's a long way off though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this is interesting because only this morning I was bemoaning the fact that I have no snowdrops to speak of yet. My garden is usually awash with white by the middle of January. I've little doubt it's because of the unusually harsh weather we had between the end of November and the beginning of January. It was unusual both because it was so cold and so early.

    I can't say I'm a big fan of winter, but I do recognise its worth and I do approve of the seasons being what they're supposed to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had lots of snow and cold and are enjoying a little respite just now. I expect the snow will be back sooner or later since my husband just took the chains off the truck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OC, I'm glad you're enjoying the warm weather. Maybe spring will come early for you this year.

    JJ, we had our coldest weather at the same time you did. I'm afraid my hydrangas are done for; I'll have to plant more this spring. Like you, I like the seasons to behave appropriately, but that hardly ever happens in California anymore, or anywhere else, now that I think about it.

    Well, Vicki, tell your husband to get those chains back on the truck fast, or for sure you'll be getting more snow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails