Saturday, February 5, 2011

Gifts From the Forest

I found this feather from a Band Tailed Pigeon last autumn (or the autumn before that, I can't remember) while walking up to my studio. I always watch for 'gifts' from the forest when ever I'm walking...sometimes even when I'm driving.
I was driving really slow with the window down (I was stuck behind a very slow moving car) when I spotted this little guy on the side of the road. I'm pretty sure this acorn was given his smiley 'hedgehog' face (anyway, that's what it looks like to me) by a squirrel biting it lightly, but I'm not one hundred percent sure that's how it happened. However it got its cute little face, I'm really glad I found it.
I suppose most people would consider these things to be junk, but I really am grateful for my little gifts from the forest and its inhabitants!

4 comments:

  1. I thought hedgehog the minute I saw it.

    I pick up stuff like that all the time -- rocks, twigs, turtle shells, bones, horse chestnuts, feathers, hornets' nests, snail shells . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicki, I'm glad to know that I'm not alone in collecting 'gifts' from nature!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I certainly does look like a hedgehog. I too collect gifts from nature.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi, i too love and passionate about this type of collections. you are lucky to have these gems..

    regards

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails