Friday, August 23, 2013

This and That


My roses haven't had a very prolific summer due to no rain.  I water, but water from the garden hose doesn't have the nutrients in it that rain does.  I'm amazed that they bloomed at all, and grateful that they, and the rest of my garden, hasn't died. 

There's a big tropical storm that's headed in this direction, but the weather people are saying it will miss us by passing about 50 miles to the south of us, then it will head to Las Vegas, Nevada.  Arrrrrgh!!

 Frustration doesn't even come close to what we're feeling here in these mountains.  People are starting to get scared, especially since 23 fires were started by lightening in the space of 24 hours last week right here in this mountain range.  Thankfully, our firefighters got them all out quickly, except a fire near Wrightwood (a second one; they just got the first one out when the current one was started by lightening) that has burned 345 acres and it forty-five percent contained. 

Oh, how I hope the weather people are wrong and we get drenched this weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Ohhh, hoping and wishing very hard for you all, Victoria.
    Please may some of that weather get to the majestic mountains - even enough moisture to lessen the threat.

    My thoughts are also with dear Mrs Rose (and your woodland family), now that I've been introduced. I can't bear the thought that she, her home and her unborn babies are threatened in any way.

    I hold my breath and send rain drenched blessings to you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicki, thank you for all your good wishes and blessings for us! Like you, the animals are the ones I worry the most about. I wish I could make a deal with Fire: You burn my house and all my stuff, just don't harm any living beings in this forest or anywhere else. Wouldn't that be great...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Victoria - I hope you got rain. I am just catching up on your posts. I agree the flowers do not do well without good rain. The water from the well is just not the same. Take care and keep safe.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails