Saturday, October 5, 2013

Red Flags


We're under a Red Flag Warning here in these mountains, which means the fire danger is exceptionally high.  This is in effect because we're getting those dreaded Santa Ana winds.  Thankfully, the warning is supposed to end tomorrow at 6 p.m., but the red 'flags' on the dogwood tree will still be here, as long as the winds don't tear them off and whirl them away. 

My allergies are in full swing because of the winds and really low humidity.  BUT...the weather people are predicting rain this coming Wednesday!!  Not much, but some is better than none.  We might even get a dusting of snow at this elevation and above.  I'm crossing my fingers!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Victoria, I much prefer Mother Nature's Dogwood red flags. They represent only beauty and delight.
    I hope the danger has passed and cooler weather is now with you. And blessedly welcome rains in a day or so - if they haven't arrived already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too, Vicki! There is a fire burning about a mile west of Crestline now, on the western end of these mountains. A goodly ways away from me, but pretty close to a dear friend. I just spoke with her and she says they (fire fighters) have a good handle on it. No rain yet, supposed to be a 40% chance this Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Victoria - hope you stay safe. Fire is such a frightening thing I am sure. My allergies have gotten worse this fall as well...exceptionally hot and dry for this time of the year...although that changed last night. Love those leaves so beautiful. Take care and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails