Saturday, December 14, 2013

Settled In


I finished this painting of a friend's cat a few days ago and remembered, for once, to take a photo of it before it went to live in her home, although I should have photographed it before I put it behind glass and framed it. She saw the small version a couple of years ago when she was out here visiting a mutual friend and called me last summer to ask if I could do a bigger one.  She sent me a photo of her cat; she wasn't kidding when she said the kitty in my original small painting looked just like her Tomaso.  I'm going to try to remember to take photos of each of my paintings before they go to their new homes because I know there is a day coming when I won't be able to paint; it will be nice to be able to look back at what I created.  I wish I had started taking photos of all of my work a long time ago.  Ah, well...

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure your friend is going to love the painting you have done of her cat. You have captured a happy looking cat. I'm the same forgetting to take photos of my paintings before I give them to friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope she likes it...I actually should have said "client," but I think of all my clients (well, most of them) as friends, so...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Victoria - this is a darling painting. I am certain your friend will love it. You are so talented. Yes by all means you should take pictures of your art (and for sure share them with us)! I have a weakness for those yellow tabbies. Mine have all been boys...and they each one have been the best of kitties. Take care and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails