Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Hit and Miss

I found this photo on the local ABC station; I can't give credit to the photographer as ABC had it listed as "photo from viewer." 

Anyway, this is of Highway 18 winding up into the mountains with a huge rain cell dumping rain on Highland and Redlands (I think).  It really shows how storms here in the Southwest can be so 'hit or miss.'

We had a little rain yesterday that was accompanied by terrible thunder and lightning.  Several tiny fires were started by lightning strikes; one of them struck a house down in Crestline and set it on fire.  Thankfully, no one was hurt and all the fires were quickly put out by our firefighters and the rain.  Also, thankfully, there was no wind blowing. 

It really terrifies me to look at photos of the fires in Northern California.  If the trees and brush up there, which are so much more hydrated than the ones here, can burn so viciously...

I wish so much that we would get enough rain to put an end to fire season soon.  And I pray that they get enough rain in Northern California to put out those terrible fires immediately.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Victoria - this was an amazing photo - I truly can see how one area can get rain and another nothing. I so hope that you get the much needed rain as well as California. Our weather is so uncertain. Take care and know someone is looking up for rain and safety for you. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I thought, too, Debbie. I wish they would have given the photographer's name. It's very comforting to know that you are looking up for rain and safety for us, thank you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hit or miss, indeed! I hope California gets lots more wherever needed

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a very dramatic image. And would be appreciated for its beauty if there wasn't such a feirce threat over the land.
    I so wish for rain very soon. Mentally visualising heavy clouds your way now....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails