Sunday, December 28, 2014

Sunday Sunlight


Cold sunlight.  My husband found a 100 year old water pump years ago and made a sort of fountain from it.  The water flowing from it freezes nearly every year, but I've never seen it freeze with "arms" sticking out.  The wind was blowing very hard, so I'm guessing maybe the water was freezing as the wind was blowing it.  Maybe that's not it, though, because they're sticking out at different angles.  Wind and water magic!

What caught my attention when I looked out the window, and made me rush outside to take photos, was the way the setting sun was lighting up part of the ice.  This section is about two feet tall. 

By the time I got back into the house, I was feeling like I was about to turn into a human icicle!  Because, of course, I rushed out without my jacket. 

3 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails