Thursday, January 21, 2016

Tea and a Quote

Brew me a cup for a winter's night, for the wind howls loud and the furies fight. ~~ M.T. Antrim 

Last night ~ well, really, this morning ~ I couldn't sleep.  I came down and made a pot of tea in one of my favorite pots.  I didn't realize it was that late ~ or that early ~ until I was settled and looked at the clock.  I decided that, since I probably wouldn't be able to return to sleep, I'd go ahead and make a fire to keep me company through the wee hours.  Then, looking around at the sleeping cats, I thought I'd get my camera and get some photos.  As soon as they heard me getting into the camera bag they took off for upstairs!  So, I took a photo of the teapot and cup instead.  I've always wondered why I wake up on nights like these at exactly 3:00 a.m.  Never mind the "witching hour," I heard someone say once that 3 a.m. is the hour of the demons.  I think that's more appropriate; it seems like that's when my demon, also known as "worry", visits me.  Hopefully, I'll sleep tonight...

4 comments:

  1. Hi Victoria,
    First, thank you so much for visiting and leaving such kind words.
    I love your Tea pot!
    Now that is very interesting, and a little unsettling.. I had never heard that before. For the past 2 weeks every night at 3 am, right on the nose, I wake up.
    Wishing you a good nights rest.
    Sorry you did not get the photo of the cats, that sounds like something Jasper (my poodle)
    would do.. Take off..
    fondly,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Victoria- I can relate. I seem to get awake at 2:30 am and cannot get back to sleep. So when I am making coffee I will be thinking of you and your tea. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, poor cats, they must have been like "oh no, I haven't even got my makeup and hair done! Why, mum!"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails