Friday, February 5, 2016

Skywatch Friday

Sitting on the top of a 200 foot Ponderosa Pine on a windy and cold January day in the San Bernardino mountains, 
this Red Tailed Hawk was carefully watching the land below. 
These photos aren't the best, 
But I was pretty far away, and I didn't use a tripod.  I guess I'm always too afraid the bird is going to fly away before I can take a photo.
This is where the photos were taken from and the red dot marks the tree she was sitting in.

Click to see more Skywatch Friday

3 comments:

  1. That's a great shot, a lot better than the pictures my camera phone can take from a metre away ha ha!

    Ah, the beauty of nature!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised you even saw the hawk in the first place! Love the photo though, that blue wintry sky and the craggy branches :)
    I like to steady my zoom lens on something (fence post) for a really clear shot, but I don't usually carry the tripod with me. I saw a woman in the woods sitting on a bench taking photos of birds. Her lens must have been over a foot long, and she didn't have it on a tripod. I can't imagine her hand was steady enough to get a good shot.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's some lens you've got there, Victoria! Nice photo.
    I thought it was a Peregrine at first glance.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails