Friday, November 3, 2017

A Bit of Everything

We've had a little of almost everything weather-wise here the past few days.  Marine layer fog dripping off the trees at night and early morning, then sun and patchy clouds for the rest of the day. 
No real rain though, darn it.
I think that the only thing truly thriving in this forest is the parasitic mistletoe.  That dark green blob just a little to the right of center and up a bit is a mistletoe plant, sucking the life out of this poor oak tree.  Well, that's an exaggeration, just one plant won't kill a tree but too many of them definitely can. 


To see beautiful skies around the world, click here

3 comments:

  1. Hi Victoria,
    Well, this is the first time I have seen this. I had no idea. I am glad there is only one up in the tree.
    I love the top photo, always enjoy your posts. Thank you for sharing.
    blessings,
    Penny
    p.s. I just love Mrs. Rose, especially her little pink nose! She has truly been an inspiration for my artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Victoria, what a beautiful comment you left for my dolls. Thank you so much!
    blessings,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Victoria - I have never encountered mistletoe growing. This is certainly something new to me. Checked out the skies - so lovely. Thanks for sharing the link. Have a great week. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails