Saturday, November 20, 2010

Switching Seasons

We've been getting torrents of rain, sleet, hail, and snow all last night and all day today. Hooray! Fire season is OVER! But, just to be on the safe side, I'm knocking on wood anyway. With Climate Change unchecked, and unlikely to be so, who knows what the weather will do?

We're supposed to get nearly a foot of snow tomorrow - or did the weather man say Sunday? I just saw the report a little over an hour ago, you'd think I could remember! Oh, well. I'm not going to be too hard on myself because I've spent the last hour trudging back and forth from the cottage to the storage/potting shed. Husband and I have been bringing in Christmas decorations. Usually I leave the autumn things up until after Thanksgiving in the dining room and kitchen and just get the living room decorated for Christmas, but this year H said he didn't feel like doing it in two shifts, so...

I'm glad I collected a lot of colorful leaves before this storm came in, and I still have some real pumpkins and gourds which I rescued from him just before he put them in the trash. At least I can make a harvest-themed centerpiece for the table. And I have the autumn dinnerware...oh, no. I hope he didn't swap it out for the Christmas china!

Ahhh...caught him just in time!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, you're getting a foot of snow! I'm dreading the time when we start getting it. It's gotten very cold here now. This past week I too have been hauling Christmas decorations down from the cabin/shed up the hill. I'll not be decorating inside for a while yet though. I hope you put a picture of your Thanksgiving table on your blog. It sounds like it will be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas doesn't mean much to me these days. I do rig up some coloured lights and decorate the living room with tinsel and baubles, but that's more to do with putting light and colour into the dark time. It's more of a solstice thing, really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad the threat of fire is past for a while! (Knock on wood.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OC, I will try to remember to take a picture of the table before everyone sits down. So far, we've only gotten a few inches of snow; the weatherman must have been speaking of tonight or tomorrow.

    It's a combination of things for me, too, JJ, but I look forward to it all year.

    Thanks, Vicki!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails