Thursday, May 19, 2011

Dogwood Winter

Winter decided to pay us a return visit, riding in on the winds and giving us a couple of inches of snow. She left in a hurry, leaving the ground white and the sky a beautiful deep blue backdrop for a few dollops of puffy white clouds.

I think this must be the little Stellar Jay's first experience with snow. She (or he) has been visiting the feeders, anxious parents never far away, for the past several days, and didn't quite know what to make of the cold white stuff.

I don't actually remember the first time I saw snow, but my mother told me I was enchanted with it...and cried when it melted in my hand.


2 comments:

  1. A great picture of the young Jay. He does look a bit bewildered, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails