Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Becalmed


The winter doldrums have me so thoroughly surrounded I feel like I'm wearing a cement coat.  Brain stagnating, body sluggish, it's all I can do to get the food out for the forest wildings and feral cats, which I'm sure the little male House Finch, above, is grateful for.  If you look closely, you can see he has a black oil sunflower seed in his beak.  I wonder why it is that on days when it rains or snows I am energized, alert, almost hyper-aware.  But on days like this one, cold but sunny, a perfectly nice day, I can barely function.  It's not just me, either, all the cats are snoozing, lazy, furry lumps.  Maybe something to do with the barometric pressure? 

Yawwwnnn.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, and another big cold front is on the way this week.
    Stay warm and have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails