Monday, September 12, 2016

Slowly

Autumn is slowly, very slowly, coming to the mountains of Southern California.
Some of the leaves are starting to turn.
But most of them are just drying, dying and turning brown from the drought.
Most boats have been taken out of the water until next summer.
But, I saw one little lonely one way out in the lake.  Well, it probably wasn't lonely...this is the best time of the year to be on the lake...no crowds!
The Arrowhead Queen was trundling around the lake, too, but I only saw one person on board. 
Tonight it feels like autumn is already here.  It's almost 10 p.m. and the temperature is 46 degrees Fahrenheit.
I made a small fire and we all really enjoyed it, Anthony especially.  It will probably get warm again, but I hope that it won't last too long.  Now, if we could just get some rain...

Linking with: Through My Lens

3 comments:

  1. What a shame about the drought! The fire looks so cosy! Happy cat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Victoria in spite of your drought your photos are so lovely. I am not ready to build a fire yet but it is coming I am sure. Take care friend and have a great day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Victoria,
    Your photos are just breathtaking, and your cozy fireplace looks so very inviting.
    Enjoy your evening,
    Blessings,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails