Friday, June 15, 2012

Faeries Friday - Sunflower


This is Sunflower.  I only see her in the summer months, and I was lucky enough to catch a glimpse of her very early one morning just before the dawn.  And, wasn't I lucky to have my camera in my hand! ;-)  She quickly flew out the open window and up through the dogwoods just outside my studio.  I suppose she was flying off to the sunflowers in the little meadow just up the mountain slope from my studio.  She helps them to open up in the morning and sings them to sleep in the evening.  She has lots and lots of relatives so the next time you're around a field of sunflowers keep a sharp lookout...you just might see a Sunflower Faery!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails