Thursday, August 30, 2012

A Blue Moon


The second full moon of August, according to the moon gadget on my sidebar, is full tonight.  The calendar I have says it won't be full until tomorrow, but She looked pretty full to me so...here She is in all her blue glory.  (She wasn't really blue; I had to give that a little 'help'). 

I call the moon Grandmother because that is what my First Nations ancestors called her.  Mother Earth, Father Sky, Grandmother Moon, Grandfather Sun: humans, and all living beings, are connected as family through these four. 

4 comments:

  1. Wow..what a beautiful post..thanks for sharing your special wisdom and insights....such a beautiful photo..totally blissful and full of poetry and magic! Magnificent!
    HUgs
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly a beautiful post. I love hte moon in all its incarnations.
    Happy Blue Moon.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sentiment. Humans and all living beings...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So mysterious! First Nation ancestors,how interesting:)Love to hear about it.Denise

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails