Thursday, August 9, 2012

Too Hot...and, OF COURSE!

I think this Gilded Flicker woodpecker dislikes the hot temperatures as much as I do.  We're getting our share of the heat wave that has been scorching the rest of the country here in the Southern California mountains now. We had lovely black clouds earlier in the day that looked like they meant business, thunder rumbled around, but not a drop of rain fell.  Selfish clouds.

So, of course, the air conditioner in the master bedroom chooses today to die.  And, of course, I didn't find that out until a few minutes ago. The temperature has dropped from 94 degrees to 78 degrees Fahrenheit outside (which is a record for 9:30 at night up here, usually our lows are in the high 50's) but up on the third floor it is a sweltering 103 degrees, even though the attic fan has been on all day.  I've got all the windows open, but there's not a breeze to be found. 

My husband says he's going to sleep in the bedroom anyway because he'd rather be hot than eaten alive by mosquitoes.  Me?  I'm heading for the couch in my studio.  The air conditioner is working there! (Uh oh, I'd better knock on wood so I don't jinx that air conditioner).

Sigh...I hope we have a really early, cold, wet Autumn.

3 comments:

  1. Hot? Yikes -- didn't think it ever got really hot there. Our great heat has abated somewhat -- may yours do the same. (I hear it's 108 in Texas,,,)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh dear dear, I hope you sleep well tonight....the heat is gone from us now, but it almost did me in

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Victoria! I have been overwhelmed by the outpouring of sweet comments from all my blog friends!
    You guys are the best and I was silly to let that person upset me. Have a wonderful weekend.
    Thank you again for taking the time to lift my spirits back up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails