Saturday, August 11, 2012

Heat, Handsome Men, and Sisters

                                             (Image from Pinterest)
This just really summed up how I'm feeling today.  Hot weather wipes me out and I can't remember it ever being hotter up here than it is right now.  But, it could be worse.  Down in the San Bernardino valley where my sister lives it's 113 degrees F.  Thank God/dess her air conditioner is working.  She's over 80 years old and she just can't take the heat anymore.  (But don't tell her that; she'll probably verbally annihilate you and there might be some slapping involved, too.  I know this from experience).  I was down there today looking for a replacement air conditioner for the bedroom one but had no luck.  It seems everyone's air conditioner is broken!

I stopped by my sister's for some sweet tea before starting the drive back home and I'm so glad I did!  She was working in her garden and when I said, "Sissy, don't you think it's too hot for you to be out here?" she replied, "NO!  I swan, if you don't stop trying to..." and then she fainted!  I caught her before she hit the ground, thank goodness.  I called the Paramedics and they wanted to take her to the emergency room but she refused.  I was really worried, but when she started flirting with one of the Paramedics, a very buff, handsome young man (about SIXTY YEARS younger than her!) I knew she'd be just fine.  Me, I'm not so sure about.  Why?  Because, after they'd left and we'd both had several glasses of sweet tea, she looked at me thoughtfully and said, "You know, it's been quite a while since I've had that many handsome young men paying attention to me...I just may have to faint more often!"

4 comments:

  1. But, but...
    Wasn't all that Masculine body heat just making things hotter ?!?
    Ahem...
    ;-}
    Next time tell her to just 'swoon', not actually faint...
    That way she won't miss any eye-candy...

    Keep cool !!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful story ... she sounds wonderful and feisty ... I can only hope to be like that at her age.

    Love and Light, Always !

    PS You won't believe this ... but it's actually been cooler here in Central Florida this year ... still hot but only in the mid-90's not the upper ones like the past few years. We still feel like aliens here, my daughter and I and long to move where folks are more progressive, compassionate and tolerant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great story -- glad your sister's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahaha, your sister sounds like quite a character. Glad that she is okay. I don't like it too hot either but generally don't have to worry about that too often here. Roger spent July in Spain and couldn't have gone at a worse time. The temperature was in the forties.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails