Saturday, July 25, 2015

A Coyote Encounter


I saw this beautiful coyote while I was out for a walk on Wednesday.  I've seen them before in this spot - I think they must like it as it has a good view of the mountain side across the way and the bottom of the valley.  This is the first time a photo came out this well, though.  Usually they're rather blurry because the coyotes don't hold still as long as this one did.  He or she took their time looking around, even looking me right in the eye once.  Then she or he turned and, as quick as a blink, was gone. 

6 comments:

  1. Ohhh Victoria, my heart skipped a few beats and was so excited for you!
    You were truly blessed with this encounter.
    What a stunning sight to behold. For me, it's like looking at a Nat Geo magazine.
    You truly do live in a magical part of the world...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing photo opportunity!!! Wow!! Gorgeous shot! I've often wondered.....Did you take that photo of the mountain lion on your side bar? Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Victoria,
    When this photo caught my eye on my blog list, I thought it was a statue. . He is magnificent. It saddens my heart when I think of how much natural habitat they have lost. And then I see this an it makes my heart happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so pretty, but deadly to small animals. My Daughter has trouble with them all the time where she lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb, I wish I had taken the photo of the cougar! I've spotted one several times, but I never felt safe enough to stay and take a photo.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails