Saturday, February 10, 2018

Beautiful Blues

A beautiful Steller's Jay was in the garden this morning.  There have been a pair of them visiting lately, so I hope there will be babies in the spring!
He seemed a little suspicious of the peanuts.
But eventually he grabbed one and flew off.  Really, I've never known jays to turn their beaks up at any food...when I have breakfast or dinner in the back garden they try to snatch the food right off my plate.  Cheeky little guys, but I love them.

To see more beautiful creatures click here.

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful blue! We have a scrub jay here in Florida but we haven't seen one this winter. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bring on spring and bring on the babies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Victoria - they are just the loveliest of birds. I am always so happy to see what lives in your part of the country. Hope you are having a great weekend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty jays, different than ours. you captured some great shots!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails