Monday, February 12, 2018

Patience

I took these photos in April of 2012.  I'm not exactly sure what kind of tree this was, but a safe bet is either pine or cedar.
I think the way this fallen giant weathered is so beautiful.
Some of the striations and grain make it look like it was almost under water.
Of course, it was never under any water since it's on the top of a mountain.  But, imagine how patient the wind and rain and snow must have been, working together, to create such a beautiful sculpture over hundreds of years...

Linking with:

Through My Lens

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful nature sculpture! I loved your photos of this gorgeous stump! Such wonderful texture and color, and form!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails