Friday, October 26, 2018

Skywatch Friday

Autumn is well under way up here in these mountains. 
The cooler temperatures remind the forest creatures that they need to fatten up for winter, but I think if these raccoons and skunks were any fatter they might burst!
Preparations for Halloween are all done, although if I get any trick or treaters I'll be surprised.  Last year I got exactly none.  Back when my husband used to make the yard into a haunted house we got them by the hundreds.  The churches and the merchants of the little village I live in do quite a bit for Halloween, so perhaps the parents just feel it's better not to let their children go to strangers' houses.  I hope your Halloween, if you celebrate it, is a good one for you!


Linking with Skywatch Friday

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful fall color. Although I hold grudges against raccoons based on my days as an owner of chickens, I have to admit that these look well fed! Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're getting some nice color. In the High Sierra where we spend part of the Summer the color is done. Here in the central valley it is just beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful place you live in. I think that is what I want to do althought I do live near the mountains and in the woods. As a child I wanted to be a hermit and live in the woods with my dog and horse and a wall of bookcases filled with books.
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nobody does anything for Halloween here so I am glad to see some decoration on blogs !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your first shot is spectacular with the marvellous Fall colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails