Monday, October 5, 2020

Autumn and Fires


 Not a lot of fall color here yet, it’s been horribly hot and we haven’t had any rain in 6 months.  The fires have, so far, left me alone, thank goodness. 

The nearest fire was only a half mile from my house, way too close, but our fire fighters are amazing.  They immediately put several water dropping helicopters and fixed wing fire retardant bombers on it and it was contained and out within a few hours!  The two biggest fires near me, the El Dorado and the Bobcat fires are 15 to 25 miles away but still burning.  The El Dorado fire was arson and, horrifically and tragically, one firefighter has been killed fighting this fire.  


This is a photo of the El Dorado fire when it started.  

I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy, and having a great autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails